Saturday, June 27, 2009

new friends...a game...& getting ready to purr for peace


Some new friends, Royal, Brock, Alki & Iggy,
from The Beasts: a blog,
tagged me for a fun game.
The rules are:
Open your photos folder and select the 6th folder.
Then select the 6th photo in that folder and
post that photo along with the story behind it on your blog.
Then tag 5 friends.

Well, I followed these directions very carefully...opened my photo folder and the 6th folder was named "Bruce's friends", and the 6th photo in this folder was "The Charlie Project" header.

I couldn't be happier to share this blog with you.
The Charlie Project is wonderful
and you are all going to LOVE visiting.
Here is the link to her first post
so you can see the purpose of
"The Charlie Project"

Now I would like to tag 5 of my friends to play this game:
Norwood
Tula
Luna
Trooper
Kareltje

Have fun!

Purrs for Peace
And now an important announcement about the 3rd week of "Purrs for Peace", hosted by Confucius Cat. Get ready to purr tomorrow, Sunday, June 28th, at Noon EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). You can get the details on the Confucius Cat blog. I am encouraging my doggie friends to participate too. You might not be able to purr, but you sure can produce the same positive effect on the universe while someone is lovingly petting you!

**Heat stroke warning in effect for the summer**
Please be careful not to overwork your dogs during the heat of the day.
Dogs can succumb to the heat much quicker than humans. If it is very hot out, even a normal jog or game of fetch can be deadly to your dog. Please be careful this summer and keep your animals safe!
(Sharon's daughter, Jesea, who is a vet nurse in Texas,
said they lost 2 dogs yesterday to heat stroke).

Please pass this important message around.
Thank you!
Here is a link to one article on avoiding heat stroke.
Norwood has a wonderful post today too!

19 comments:

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hi Bruce!

I'm on it! Tomorrow's post will have my photo. I went over to the Charlie project blog. What a great blog! You sure have fascinating friends bruce. I added it to my following list.

have a good day! I have class this morning. Wish me luck and hopefully I won't have problems afterwards like last Sat.
Norwood

Alley Mason said...

Thank you so much for the publicity Bruce. I also loved reading about your photo game.
Purr On!
Confucius Cat aka Alley Mason

Luna ( from Brazil ) said...

wow Bruce!Many thanks! I 'm very honoured to play with all friends!
Cool idea!
purrs and love
Luna

Martha in PA said...

Hey Bruce, Kovu (aka Bubba says hi). He is adjusting to being the only cat left in our home. We are missing our girls, but they have new loving homes! Kovu got caught stealing meatloaf off of Tara's plate this morning... do you ever do that?

I will check out the Charlie Project Blog!

Martha posted a picture of the first cat in her family from long ago today for
Camera Critters.. She was being naughty too!

tula said...

Thanks for the tag bruce. I had to wag over to the Charlie Project-what a luvely blog! Also sniffed out the BEASTS. they have quite the crew:)

i like how you think brucey- tuesdays might be dedicated to all those banana tongues out therah! besides dee needs something to keep her occupied over the summah.

ok.. stay cool! but keep one cateye open for them lizards.

toodles,
tula

Snap said...

Bruce ... wonderful post this morning about Purrs for Peace and the warning about the heat ... for kitties, too.

Hugs to you, Bruce.

i beati said...

ok I'm going to play also good warning Bruce it scares me ..sandy

Carletta said...

Lots of good info you're passing along today Bruce - you are a good friend to your friends. Hope they know that!

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

Kitties @ Our family cat-a-blog... said...

We will be purring for peace an' will ask da dogs in da house to wag their tails for peace. If there is anyfing dat this world of ourz needz right now...it's lotza peace!

Anya said...

Hey Bruce
Yeahhhhh..........
Thanks,
we enjoy the tags,
sunday in the late evening Dutch time we publish that shot :)

Kareltje =^.^=

I go now look at the site from Charlie, we love dogs and new friends ....
Have all a relaxing day !!

storyteller said...

Wonderful kitty portraits ;--)
Sounds like a worthwhile project!
Hugs and blessings,

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We are purring for peace...

Thank you for reminding us to about heat stroke and how it can hurt doggies more than cats.

Nice photos and meme!

Freya's Staff said...

That's a lovely pohoto Bruce - I love the stripes on your forelegs! Just like mine!

Freya
xx

NORWOOD UNLEASHED said...

Hi Bruce!
Check out my post. I didn't post the 6th pic yet but some info on heat & dogs.

Have a super sunday!
Norwood

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What a nice 6/6 photo...
Mom has been really careful with us going out since it has been over 100 here almost everyday.. Thanks for the tip...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Teena in Toronto said...

You're a cutie!

I played too :)

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Charlie Project Bruce! We are so glad that we have become blogger friends...Sophie and I love spending time on your blog! :)

Oskar said...

My mom person is always careful not to leave me out when it's too hot. She even told a neighbor one time & that neighbor got mad at her, but her dog didn't have to lay in the sun all day long anymore!

Brooke said...

What a very handsome boy and important message to pass on.